Finding the right attorney after being hurt in an accident is a process. Thanks to the speed of the Internet, you can go online and search for lawyers in your area. You’ll find numerous options on the first page. You explore a few of the attorney’s websites. You look for firms that clearly know what you are going through, have experience working on your types of cases, and are well-recognized within the legal industry. The next best step is to set up a consultation with skilled a Houston personal injury lawyer to gain a first impression and learn a little more about your legal options. At the Krist Law Firm, P.C., we offer a free initial consultation so that we can get to know us while we offer our thoughts on your situation without burdening you with a fee.
Call us today at (281) 283-8500 to start the process and learn how we can help you.
Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer
When you meet with a personal injury lawyer for the first time, you may not be sure of what to tell them, documentation to bring, or questions to ask. If you have never needed an attorney before, your uncertainty is natural. However, it is best to prepare and learn what to ask to gather the most information possible during your consultation.
When meeting with an attorney, ask about their general experience.
- How long have you been practicing in Texas?
- How long have you handled personal injury cases?
- What is your role at your firm?
- Have you ever been suspended from practicing law here or in any other state?
Inquire about their experience with similar types of accidents and injuries.
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How many of these cases have you settled before trial versus how many have you taken through a trial?
- Do you have any special knowledge related to my case?
- Do you have examples of positive outcomes in cases similar to mine?
- If we go to trial, will you be the attorney that represents me in court?
You can also ask about the attorney’s initial impression of your situation.
- Do I have a valid personal injury claim?
- Will I need to file an insurance claim?
- Do these types of cases usually settle or go to trial?
- Are you willing to take my case to trial if I do not want to settle?
- How much is my case potentially worth?
- How long does it usually take to resolve these types of cases?
- How will I need to be involved?
Knowing what is going on with your case and having access to your lawyer is crucial. You should ask about how the attorney communicates with their clients.
- How often will you communicate with me about my case?
- What is the best way to reach you?
- How long does it typically take you to respond to an email or phone call?
Attorneys are known for having a lot on their plates. It is fair to ask about their workload and how they will dedicate time to you.
- What is your current caseload?
- Will you be able to concentrate on my case?
- Who else would be working on my case?
- If there is a paralegal or clerk who will work on my case, what is their experience?
No one wants to discuss money. However, you should not leave a consultation without understanding how the attorney bills for their services.
- Do you work for an hourly fee or contingency fee basis?
- Will I be charged for fees or court costs related to my case?
- Will I be charged any fees or court costs if we lose at trial?
- How is a contingency fee paid when my case is resolved?
Contact A Houston Personal Injury Lawyer Today
When you have been hurt in an accident and are struggling to get back on your feet, you need an attorney who truly understands how this accident is affecting you and your family. If your lawyer does not see the full picture, it will be difficult for them to convince an insurance company or jury of the full extent of your injuries. You should work with a lawyer who has the time and passion to tenaciously pursue your claim.
At The Krist Law Firm, P.C., we frequently help individuals like you. Representing those who would otherwise be pushed into unfair amounts and striving to obtain maximum recoveries or jury awards is what makes different from everyone else. We will dedicate time to your case and make sure you get what you deserve.
Do not hesitate to call us (281) 283-8500 to schedule a free initial consultation.