Types of Work Accident Cases & Common Causes
Thousands of Texas workers are injured on the job, and hundreds die, each year in work-related incidents, according to state and federal statistics. In many cases, these injuries and accidents are preventable if not for the negligence of an employer or a third party.
Some industries can be more dangerous than others. Maritime, oil and gas, construction, rail, trucking, longshore, refinery, manufacturing and other types of workers face risks every day on the job when they work with heavy equipment, hazardous chemicals, or extreme conditions.
Some common causes of Texas work-related accidents include:
- Failure to maintain equipment
- Lack of proper safety gear
- Falling objects
- Chemical exposure
- Industrial fires and explosions
- Inadequate staffing
- Inadequate worker training
- Failure to comply with OSHA or other regulations
When a worker is injured on the job, workers’ compensation may provide some benefits, including coverage of medical costs and partial reimbursement of lost earning capacity. However, workers’ compensation doesn’t cover everything an injured worker might lose because of a work-related accident.
An injured worker may have options for additional financial recovery through a personal injury lawsuit if a work-related accident was caused by the negligence of a third party. With the help of a skilled Houston work accident lawyer, a personal injury lawsuit may allow you to obtain compensation for past and future:
- Medical costs
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical limitations
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
If you’ve been seriously injured in a work accident, the Houston work accident lawyers at The Krist Law Firm, P.C. can help you pursue compensation of your injuries and other losses. We understand how devastating a work injury can be and the many ways it can impact your life. A catastrophic work injury can take a toll not only on your physical and mental health, but also your finances and your relationships with your family members and friends.
At The Krist Law Firm, P.C., we’re dedicated to helping injured workers rebuild their lives after a serious accident. That’s why we fight for the maximum available compensation in each case we handle — because we know that compensation can help you move forward and focus on your physical recovery.
Types of Work Accident Cases We Handle
Our Houston work accident lawyers have extensive experience handling a wide range of work accident cases in numerous types of Texas industries and workplaces. We can handle cases involving:
- Maritime Accidents — Workers on ships, vessels, offshore drilling rigs, or in port can face unique hazards, but they also may have options for compensation under unique maritime laws that allow injured workers to sue their employers or other negligent parties.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — When a third party is negligent in causing a motor vehicle accident, a worker who is injured on the job may be able to sue the negligent driver for compensation.
- Construction Accidents — Construction sites present a number of hazards because of the nature of the work and equipment involved.
- Petrochemical Accidents — Petrochemical plants and refineries may be prone to fires or explosions that can cause catastrophic or fatal injuries.
- Heavy Equipment & Defective Machinery Accidents — When heavy equipment is defective or poorly maintained, workers may suffer traumatic brain injuries, amputations, crushed limbs, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, or other serious injuries.
- Industrial Accidents — Industrial workplaces can present any number of risks to employees, especially when employers or other parties are negligent in maintaining equipment or enforcing safety standards.
- OSHA/Safety Violations — When OSHA or other safety regulations aren’t met, workers can be severely injured.
- Loading Dock & Warehouse Accidents — Accidents involving cranes, forklifts, and heavy cargo can cause serious, life-altering injuries.
This is just a sample of the types of work accidents our skilled team of Texas personal injury attorneys can handle. If you’ve been hurt in a work-related incident caused by the negligence of a third party, The Krist Law Firm, P.C. can fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
How Our Attorneys Can Help
The Krist Law Firm, P.C. has over 27 years of experience representing people injured in serious work-related accidents. We have obtained multi-million dollar recoveries and verdicts for victims of accidents in various industries.
We provide skilled and knowledgeable representation that includes performing a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident, identifying and pursuing all liable parties, and fighting for the maximum possible recovery in your case.
We understand that injured workers experience financial stress because of medical costs and lost income while they recover. That’s why we charge no fees up front. We offer a free consultation and you pay us nothing unless we are able to obtain compensation in your case.
Contact us today at 281-283-8500 or using the contact form below to schedule your no-risk appointment.