Call today @ 281-283-8500 | No Recovery, No Fee
Call today: 281-283-8500

Houston Tanker Accident Lawyer

A large ship that transports liquids, gases, and fluids is known as a tanker. The majority of tankers haul oil or petroleum products such as crude petroleum, crude oil, liquefied natural gas, and liquefied petroleum. Due to the fact that tankers carry massive amounts of explosive, flammable, and toxic substances, accidents can lead to a serious tanker injuries, or even the death for a worker.

If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a tanker accident, you should consult the ship accident lawyers at The Krist Law Firm, P.C. We have years of experience representing individuals in cases involving tanker injuries and may be able to help you recover compensation.

Call us today at 281-283-8500 , or contact us online for a free case consultation.

Types of Tanker Accidents

Although tanker accidents may arise for various reasons, negligent behavior is almost always the cause. Since operating and navigating these ships requires a great deal of skill and experience, a captain may be held responsible for an accident because they were intoxicated, distracted, untrained, or inexperienced. In addition to captain negligence, tanker accidents may arise due to faulty equipment, chemical leaks from storage, or malfunctioning electrical and short circuits.

Common Tanker Injuries

Tanker accidents can prompt a wide array of injuries for workers. In the worst-case scenario, workers may even lose their lives. Some of the most common tanker injuries we see at The Krist Law Firm, P.C. include:

  • Broken bones
  • Head injuries
  • Back injuries
  • Leg and knee injuries
  • Burns
  • Smoke or toxic fumes inhalation
  • Amputations
  • Drowning
  • Hypothermia

Legal Options for Victims of Tanker Accidents

If you work as a seaman on a tanker ship, you should understand that you are protected by the Jones Act, a maritime law that protects seamen who sustain injuries at work that are caused by negligence. In the event that you are able to prove your employer’s negligent actions contributed to your injury, you have the right to file a claim that may help you secure compensation for damages such as:

  • Medical bills
  • Lost wages
  • Lost future earnings
  • Physical pain
  • Mental anguish

If you’ve lost a loved one in a tanker accident, you may also be covered by the Jones Act and be able to secure a settlement. Since the Jones Act is complex and you must prove negligence in order to recover compensation, it’s essential to contact an experienced ship accident attorney as soon as you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a tanker accident.

How The Krist Law Firm, P.C. Can Help

If you’d like your tanker accident claim to be successful, it is in your best interest to get a hold of a highly skilled ship accident lawyer from The Krist Law Firm, P.C. Our firm has supported countless victims of tanker accidents and can help collect the compensation you may be entitled to. A ship accident attorney will thoroughly investigate your case and search for examples of employer negligence that judges in Jones Act cases look for. Some of these examples may include:

  • Equipment or luggage that is improperly stored
  • Failure to adhere to established safety procedures
  • Slippery surfaces
  • Loose cables
  • Failure to properly train ship employees
  • Ordering an employee to work in dangerous weather conditions
  • Failure to maintain the tanker ship
  • Understaffing
  • Failure to provide proper safety equipment

Once employer negligence is found, a lawyer will fill out all necessary paperwork and file a claim on your behalf. With legal representation by your side, you can significantly increase your chances of achieving justice.

Call The Krist Law Firm, P.C. for a Free Case Consultation

Since you only have three years from the date of your tanker injury to file a claim, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible. If you’ve been injured on a tanker ship or lost a family member because of one, you should call The Krist Law Firm, P.C. at 281-283-8500 , or contact us online for a free case consultation.