Helpful Resources After An Injury
If you are recovering from a serious injury, you may need a combination of financial, medical, emotional, and physical support. If you were hurt in an accident caused by the negligence of a third party, you may be weighing your options and unsure of what to do next. There are a variety of legal, financial, and supportive resources that can help you manage your life after a traumatic accident.
The compassionate team of Houston personal injury attorneys at The Krist Law Firm, P.C. are committed to helping you get access to the resources–financial and otherwise–that will allow you to rebuild your life in the aftermath of a catastrophic accident. If you’re considering pursuing a claim for your injuries and other losses, please give us a call today at 281-283-8500 for a free case evaluation.
Physical & Emotional Support Resources
- Carole and Ronald Krist Samaritan Support Center – Offers counseling, education and professional training programs to those in need throughout greater Houston
- Open Counseling – Provides a list of free or low-cost counseling services in the Houston area
- Texas Health Compare – Allows Texans to compare and understand their health care options. Also, it helps Texans connect with a benefits counselor or caregiver relief
- TIRR Memorial Hermann in Houston – Ranked number one hospital in Texas and number two in the nation for rehabilitation care after catastrophic illness or injury
- Texas Courts Online – Provides a chart of how Texas courts are structured, and overview of the Texas judicial system, the geographical location of local courts, an interactive map including the names of judges, clerks by county, and links to other important information
- United States Federal Courts – This website includes a locator for federal courts
- Texas Department of Insurance – Provides information about workers’ compensation for injured employees, various types of insurance policies, and filing complaints
- Texas Legislature Online – Look up filed bills, Texas statutes, and the Texas Constitution
- Office of Injured Employee Counsel – State website for OIEC, which is the agency that educates and advocates on behalf of injured employees in Texas
- Social Security Administration – Information about federal disability programs and how to apply for benefits
- Texas Health and Human Services – THHS helps aging Texans find long-term care, offers a broad range of services to disable individuals, and provides financial support to children and families in need
- GreenPath, Inc. – A non-profit organization that offers free debt counseling services, assists with debt management plans, helps homeowners avoid foreclosure, and provides financial education
Other Helpful Resources
- Houston Police Department – You can file an online police report following a motor vehicle accident
- Texas Brain Injury Alliance – A non-profit organization that provides educational resources and support to brain injury survivors, their families, and their caregivers
- Navigate Life Texas – Offer information and resources to parents of children with disabilities of special health care needs
How a Houston Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You After an Accident
Consulting with a qualified Houston personal injury attorney or car accident lawyer as soon as possible after an injury is the best way to make sure your rights are protected. At The Krist Law Firm, P.C. our attorneys have over 27 years of experience successfully pursuing personal injury claims, including those involving catastrophic injuries.
We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to help guide you every step of the way. We aggressively pursue the maximum compensation possible in every personal injury case and are committed to providing the compassion our clients deserve during such a challenging time in their lives.