A serious injury, like after a car crash or on-the-job accident can turn your life upside down in an instant. The most important thing you can do is make sure that you and your loved ones have the necessary medical care. But, if someone else caused your injury, you also need to consider pursuing compensation. Insurance may not be as helpful as you expect, and your bills will continue adding up.
Speaking to an experienced and local personal injury lawyer can give you clarity and a realistic expectation about what you can recover. In any event, do not delay in calling a lawyer if you or a loved one are harmed through no fault of your own.
The Krist Law Firm offers a free initial consultation to those who may need of our services. Our Houston attorneys have decades of experience helping injury victims seek damages from negligent parties who caused them harm. To discuss all your options after an accident, call (281) 283-8500 today.
Initial consults are always free and there are no up-front costs. We only get paid when you recover compensation.
What We’ll Talk About
Potential clients usually have a lot of questions before they hire a lawyer. We understand that you want to know as much as possible before filing a personal injury claim, and how much you can expect for you and your family.
Given the complexity of personal injury cases, it’s important to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. Our state’s two year statute of limitations for claims requires work to begin before too much time passes.
Since no two accidents are the same, we want to make sure to learn as much as possible about your case. This lets our lawyers give you a straightforward assessment of the strength of your case for compensation.
Topics to discuss during your free consultation include:
- Timeframe – Get an estimation regarding the timeline of your claim for damages.
- Liability of those involved – Some cases are clear cut on who’s responsible. But others take some work, and there may even be numerous parties at-fault who owe you compensation.
- Your medical needs – You may need ongoing medical help. We work with local doctors all the time, and can give you our thoughts on the likely costs and duration of your care.
- Compensation you can expect – We will review your financial needs and the insurance policies involved to give you an idea of the damages that you might be able to recover.
How To Make The Most Of Your Free Initial Consultation
We encourage all potential clients to prepare a list of their questions for the initial consultation. This makes sure we address your most pressing concerns. But if you have a follow-up question or remember something later, that’s ok too. It’s totally normal for clients or potential clients to call back with more questions in the days following an initial consult.
Before meeting your potential lawyer, consider how your accident impacted your life. Our team can assess all the documents and physical evidence, but only you fully understand how the harm you sustained is affecting your life: now and going forward.
Things to do before your initial consultation:
- Speak with your doctor – Ask your doctors and nurses as many questions as possible about your injuries. Inquire how they might impact your life in the future, and be prepared to discuss this with your lawyer.
- Make a written record of events – Write down a timeline of events associated with your accident, and share that with our team. Writing details down can help you better recall them as the weeks and months go by.
- Compile documents and evidence – Keep all of the medical and insurance documents that you have. If possible, try and take photographs of any injuries and property damage you sustained.
- Avoid making an agreement with an insurance provider – Do not accept any compensation or sign any agreement without consulting a lawyer first. An experienced attorney can make sure that the insurance companies treats you fairly.
How The Krist Law Firm Can Help You
A free initial consultation is your opportunity to discuss your needs with an experienced personal injury attorney.
We understands that you might be worried about how you’ll pay your bills or when life can return to normal. We try to make your initial consult as relaxed and informal as possible. It’s our opportunity to familiarize ourselves with you, your case, and how we can be of service. You and your family should use it to better understand the process of hiring a lawyer, what comes next, and what a successful result looks like.
Do not delay in contacting our knowledgeable accident lawyers if your or a loved one have been hurt through the negligence of someone else. After calling (281) 283-8500 or submitting a request online, we’ll set up time for us to speak. This can happen at our Houston office, in the comfort of your home, or over the phone.
We make the process as easy on you as possible so feel free to call The Krist Law Firm today.