T-bone accidents in Harris County are more than unexpected and frustrating. They are incredibly dangerous.
While there are several safety features that benefit passengers in front and rear-end collisions, side impacts offer a lot less protection. This particularly true in older vehicles without side airbags.
When you or a loved one are injured in a t-bone crash, contact an experienced Houston car accident lawyer right away. While a lot of people assume the vehicle that collides with another car at a perpendicular angle is always at fault, we know that is not always true.
Side-Impact Accidents: Who’s Responsible?
There are two common situations that lead to side impacts. Each is an example of how either driver could be at fault.
- Scenario 1: A driver with the right of way collides with the side of another vehicle. In this situation, even though the driver actually broadsided the other, it is this second vehicle’s fault for violating the right of way. This type of crash happens when a person is lawfully driving through an intersection and the second vehicle runs a stop sign or red light.
- Scenario 2: A driver without the right of way broadsides another vehicle. In this situation, the driver who crashed into the other vehicle is also at fault. It is the vehicle that was broadsided that had the right of way. This accident happens when vehicles run red lights or stop signs and collide with cars already and lawfully within the intersection.
These examples show there is no way to automatically tell which vehicle is at fault. Side impacts require thorough investigations to determine which driver is responsible. This often depends on which driver had the right of way versus who disobeyed a traffic signal.
Proving Fault in a Houston T-Bone Accident
If you were injured in a side collision caused by the other driver in Harris County, contact an experienced car accident lawyer right away. You need an attorney well-versed in gathering evidence for personal injury claims and dealing with the local Houston courts.
At the Krist Law Firm, we can help with:
- The police report
- The intersection or road’s traffic signals or signage
- The traffic light’s programming
- Witness statements
- Traffic camera footage
- Nearby business’s surveillance camera footage
- Physical evidence from the vehicle
- The vehicle’s electronic data, if available
- Expert witness’s opinions
Recovering Compensation After a Crash
With strong evidence that the other vehicle was at-fault for the accident that caused your injuries, you can pursue compensation for your physical, psychological, and financial losses. More specifically, you can recover damages for:
- Medical costs
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical limitations
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
Talk to a Houston T-Bone Accident Lawyer
Side impact crashes often lead to significant injuries. You may be dealing with serious medical bills, pain, and being out of work. Your vehicle may also be totaled and now you have to replace it while struggling financially.
This burden should not fall on you, and with our help, we can get what you deserve. Contact the experienced Houston personal injury lawyers at The Krist Law Firm, P.C to learn about your rights and how to show the other driver caused you harm.
Let us gather evidence of fault and pursue maximum compensation under the law. Call us at (281) 283-8500 to schedule a free consultation.