Other Types of Auto Accidents
Home » Other Types of Auto Accidents
Throughout Texas and across the United States, people are using many modes of transportation to run errands, get to work, exercise, or simply have fun. You must share the road with large buses and trucks, motorcycles, scooters, segways, and even bicyclists and pedestrians. Unfortunately, if people are not mindful of their surroundings or otherwise act negligently, a serious accident can occur.
Regardless of the vehicles involved, if you have lost a loved one or suffered a serious injury due to someone else’s recklessness, you are probably dealing with intense pain and are unsure of how to proceed. With concerns about rising bills and an inability to work, it is important to discuss the matter with a skilled lawyer who can guide you through the legal process and how to protect your rights.
For over 40 years, the Houston auto accident lawyers of The Krist Law Firm, P.C. have been fighting to recover what people need to put tragic accidents behind them and move forward with their lives. Call us today at 281-283-8500 to schedule a free, no-risk consultation.
Other Types of Auto Accidents
When any vehicle is involved in an accident, the resulting injuries and the impact to your and your family’s lives can be devastating. This can be especially true for aviation accidents like the Houston Light Sport Aviation crash in 2016.
At The Krist Law Firm, P.C, our attorneys understand the complexities of these various types of accidents and can provide you with some insight into your unique situation:
- Bicycle Accidents – While cyclists are required to follow the same traffic laws and responsibilities as fellow motorists, they are much more susceptible to injury and even death in the event of a collision. Learn how an attorney can help you and how to fight for your recovery.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Motorists often fail to detect motorcycles riding very close to them. Many drivers either don’t see them, or when they do, it’s too late to avoid a crash. Without an enclosed vehicle to offer any protection, your life can be forever changed by significant or deadly injuries. Our lawyers are prepared to investigate your motorcycle accident and hold the liable party accountable.
- Bus Accidents– While buses are generally considered a safe way to travel, because of their size they also have the potential to cause catastrophic accidents. Additionally, large companies or governments could be responsible for the bus operation or maintenance, so it will take a skilled attorney to collect the necessary evidence and obtain the compensation you deserve.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Even if a car or other vehicle is traveling slowly, a pedestrian vs vehicle collision can cause life-threatening or fatal injuries. Common causes may include distracted driving, driving under the influence, and the careless disregard for traffic laws. The Krist Law Firm, P.C. and our personal injury attorneys will interview the witnesses, examine the accident from every possible angle, and work towards securing what you need to recover.
- Boating Accidents– Boats, while enjoyable, can be dangerous when not operated correctly. Improperly loading cargo, sailing in poor weather/dangerous weather conditions, and speeding can all lead to accidents and devastating injuries. It’s important to follow all boating regulations so these accidents can be avoided.
- Drone Accidents – Also known as unmanned aerial vehicles or unmanned aircraft systems, drones are becoming more and more popular. While there are some guidelines to govern their usage, these largely unregulated flying objects can pose a considerable safety concern. When operators are flying drones recklessly, they can be held liable for any injuries that may result. It will take a skilled attorney to review the sometimes-complicated insurance issues that may come up.
Vehicle Injuries & What to Do
After any vehicle accident, your first concern should be your health. If you need immediate medical treatment, you should call 911 or make your way to the nearest hospital to have your injuries assessed and properly treated. Some of the common injuries that you may sustain in any vehicle accident may include:
- Whiplash, neck, back & spinal cord injuries
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Severed limbs
- Breaks, sprains, and torn ligaments
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Vision & hearing loss
Possible Damages & Compensation in Other Types of Auto Accidents
After your medical needs have been met, you may not be able to work and medical bills will probably start to accumulate. Without an income, you will most likely become very concerned, but with assistance from a skilled personal injury lawyer, you can begin the process of recovering your expenses.
At The Krist Law Firm, P.C., we realize that your damages are substantial and might be difficult to fully quantify. Let us handle the complexities of filing claims, investigating the cause of your accident, and negotiating on your behalf so you can focus on putting the pieces of your life together. You may be able to receive:
- Medical costs
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical limitations
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
Additionally, if you tragically lost a loved one was in any type of vehicle accident, we can help you recover:
- Burial expenses
- Loss of financial contributions from the deceased
- Loss of care, support, maintenance, advice, and counsel
- Loss of love, companionship, comfort, and society
- Loss of inheritance you may have received if you family member had lived a normal expected lifespan
Insurance Issues to Consider
Even though insurance companies are required by law to properly evaluate and pay for damages that they are responsible to cover, that does not always happen. Many insurance providers attempt to downplay the gravity of an accident or the subsequent injuries. There are many nuances to dealing with insurance policies and without effective and highly-skilled legal representation, an injured person is at a higher risk of accepting a less than adequate financial recovery.
As veteran Houston motor-vehicle accident attorneys, The Krist Law Firm, P.C. knows your rights and how to aggressively negotiate for you. When an insurer is trying to diminish their liability or offer compensation that will not meet your needs, we can anticipate these tactics and be prepared to respond so you are not taken advantage of.
Talk to a Houston Auto Accident Lawyer Today
If you are injured in any type of auto accident, you have the right to pursue the maximum recovery possible. The Krist Law Firm, P.C. is well-versed in how insurance companies approach cases and know what needs to be done to address your specific needs.
Our Houston personal injury lawyers are dedicated to offering every client service that exceeds their expectations. Call us today at 281-283-8500 . We offer a free, no-risk consultation to discuss how we can help and there are no fees unless we achieve a recovery for you.